Thursday, July 11, 2013

1940- "It didnt even hurt"

This is probably the saddest chapter in this book. Sula is sick with a fever. Her and Nel haven't talked in years yet she was willing to go visit her and make sure she's okay. That's not the only reason that she went though, she also visited her to get answers to her questions. She got exactly what she was looking for but not the way she wanted it. I'm glad that Sula didn't love Jude because it would be much more hurtful to know that your best friend is in love with your man. To be in love with someone you have to have gotten close to them over time. Nel made the decision to end everything with Sula when she asked Nel to get over it. Get over it? I would have been like "you want me to get over the fact that you ruined my happy home?!" I really hate the fact that that's the last talk they had before Sula died. No one ever wants to live with the feeling of being at fault. How did Sula die? If you ask me, I believe she died of an overdose of that pain medicine she was prescribed.

No comments:

Post a Comment