After years go by the girls are growing up. They are parting ways, and going off to live their lives without each other. This reminds me of my friend and I. Growing up we were close, but now at age eighteen we aren't as close a we were before. Would you be happy if your best friend was going off to college and leaving you? Sure, as a best friend you want to be happy and supportive for them, but its also pretty sad. Helene, Nel's mom is probably on cloud nine, as you know she was never really feeling Sula like that. As a matter of fact , she's probably higher than cloud nine. She gets to plan her only child's wedding and she no longer has to worry about Sula.
I don't think that Nel will be herself with her husband. The only person that she is herself around is Sula. I know the feeling of leaving people behind when you go off to college, its not a good one.

No comments:
Post a Comment