Tuesday, July 2, 2013

1919 Look no hands!

The in-class discussion on 1919 got a little hectic. No one, and I do mean no one, was sure if Shadrack had hands. I personally thought that he had hands, but once Professor Wesley got to asking her tricky questions I was no longer sure. Sometimes, she will have your mind messed up. Toni Morrison did her thing with this chapter, she really had us thinking. I think I'm going to really enjoy her work. If I saw a man wondering around outside, looking at the side walk like he's planning his next move, I might think he was on something. I would probably be like "Look at that crack head!" I'm sure that's what the people standing around were thinking too. Is it true that a lot of Veterans act this way? I'm kind of thinking that it is, what normal person would just come up with Suicide day? 
Where I'm from we would look at that fool like he is crazy and keep on moving. Although, that is very disrespectful to war veterans. No one wanted anything to do with "Suicide day", and I wouldn't either.

No comments:

Post a Comment