Tuesday, July 2, 2013

1921 Poor Poor Sula


I couldn't imagine watching my son suffer throughout his life , but I would never take matters into my own hands and set him on fire. That would just make it much harder to deal with. Eva was basically  running an in-home daycare. She went from being unable to feed her own children to taking care of children off the streets. One of her own, Hannah, is what we would call a "Jump off". It's one thing to love men, but to sleep with married men is a no go. If you choose to be a whore do it somewhere that your children will not be. Once your child sees you doing things like that  they feel as if its okay. This, in my mind, just takes me back to 1920. The only difference between Rochelle and Hannah's actions it that Hannah isn't getting paid for it. So, with that being said, is it okay that Hannah is in the life of Sula?  I believe that's why Nel's mother didn't like that fact that she was friends with Sula. I wouldn't penalize Sula for her mothers actions though, because its not her fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment